Teacher Training and Apprenticeship Programmes delivered by e-Qualitas
e-Qualitas has successfully trained thousands of teachers to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Working in partnership with a network of schools to provide school-based teacher training, e-Qualitas is recognised as one of the country’s leading teacher training providers.
Our long history of training teachers on in-school initial teacher training programmes means that we have extensive experience to draw upon. Our tutors have practical experience of teaching, leading, and inspecting; our partner schools and settings are well-versed in mentoring teachers of the future. As a result, we are proud to have one of the highest QTS pass rates in the country at over 95%, compared with the current national pass rate of 63%.
Whether you are a graduate, an experienced teacher, or a career changer, we offer the right route for you to get into teaching.
e-Qualitas offers the following Initial Teacher Training Routes to QTS in secondary and primary education:
- Teaching Apprenticeship Programme (TAP) >
- School Direct (Salaried) >
- School Direct (Tuition Fee) >
- Early Years Initial Teacher Training >
- Assessment Only >
e-Qualitas is a National SCITT
e-Qualitas are a large privately run School-Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) provider. Our specialist team of ITT consultants guides schools and graduates through the Teacher Training application process, providing info on funding options, timings and delivery of the programme.
Our team of subject and phase leads and tutors has experience and knowledge that covers all secondary subject curriculum areas, as well as for primary including Early Years/Key Stage 1 specialists. Our Tutors have a wealth of knowledge and experience supporting trainee teachers and are deployed out to visit trainees in school throughout the program. Our Subject Leads and Tutors also run off the Job training sessions, which provide a forum for peer-to-peer discussion and learning.
e-Qualitas’ Teaching Apprenticeship Programme is a DfE approved, industry leading Teaching Apprenticeship.
The Teaching Apprenticeship Programme (TAP), is an Initial Teacher Training (ITT) course which allows schools to recruit and train new staff or retrain and upskill current staff in a cost-effective way.
Trainees achieve QTS and complete the Teaching Apprenticeship around the 12-month mark while staying employed and working in a school. The Teaching Apprenticeship Programme is a popular alternative to a University-based PGCE pathway into teaching.
Schools are enjoying generous salary grant funding and the ability to utilise their Apprenticeship Levy Funding to grow and retain their own talent.
What is the format of the TAP?
- The trainee is based in their main school throughout their training. They will also spend 6 weeks in a contrasting school, (12 weeks if the main school is a special school), and additional focused visits e.g. to a special school.
- Teaching Apprenticeship Programme provides 10-12 training days including secondary subject days for maths, english, science. We also provide a variety of additional training days for primary trainees.
- Extensive distance-learning training resources are available to trainees on Teaching Apprenticeship Programme’ virtual learning environment called E-track.
- The trainee’s programme is individualised to their specific training needs and circumstances, and those of the school. For example, trainees can start in the autumn, spring, or summer term.
- An Teaching Apprenticeship Programme Tutor visits for a whole day each half term (3-term year), to assist the school in providing the training and to quality assure the programme. The Tutor will complete six physical visits but trainees will also have ongoing access to Tutor support virtually throughout the entire course.
- In-school trainers are given on-site training by the Teaching Apprenticeship Programme Tutor, and courses are run each term to help them develop their expertise in ITT.
For more detailed information about the TAP course content and delivery click here
Watch our video below where Career Changer Hannah talks about her experience as a trainee on the Teaching Apprenticeship Programme