Early Years Initial Teacher Training is an online training route towards EYTS (Early Years Teacher Status).
Graduate employees working in an early years setting can be enrolled for our September cohort, with training fully funded by the DfE and 100% online. An employer incentive of £7,000 is available for a trainee’s employer setting.
- Course fees fully funded by the DfE
- £7,000 employer incentive for the trainee’s employer
- 100% online training with dedicated e-Q tutors
- Trainees study part-time to gain their EYTS Qualification in 1-academic year
- Trainees are assigned a professional critical friend in their employer early years setting
- Trainees have experience of working with babies, toddlers, young children + reception
- Apply now for September 2024
Get in touch, or complete our enquiry form today to begin your enrolment:
- +44 (0) 20 8051 8774
EYTS Enquiry Form:
To enrol on the Employment based Early Years Teacher Training route to EYTS, a trainee must have:
- GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or recognised equivalent) in English language, maths and science.
- A Bachelor’s degree (from any area of study)
- Right to study and work in the UK
- A position of employment within an early years setting
- The DfE requires that all EYITT candidates attend an interview to confirm their suitability and readiness for the EYITT programme.
Who is Early Years Teacher Training (EYITT) for?
EYITT is designed for learners seeking to specialise in early childhood development, working with children across the birth to five age range.
- Exisiting graduate early years practitioners, who are already working in an early years setting (i.e. nurseries, schools, home-based settings) with children in the birth to five age range.
Placements: 2×10 day blocks (mornings only) in a reception class, to teach phonics and maths. Short placement/s (if needed) in B/T/YC.
Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS) is the only qualification specifically focused on early childhood development, enabling learners to teach children in the birth to five age range.
EYITT is an ideal route for early years settings seeking to upskill existing staff, as they learn ‘on the job’, in paid employment within the setting.
Employment-based trainees have no more than a 90% timetable working with children, allowing them a 10% study release time. This enables trainees to attend online training, meetings, placements and time to work on assessments.
The Government’s commitment to raising the quality of early years provision, by encouraging graduate leadership, ensures that the DfE covers all course fees and offers a £7,000 incentive to settings.
For more information about the aims and outcomes of e-Qualitas’ Early Years Teacher Training, visit our Frequently Asked Questions and Curriculum Intent pages.
Book a 20-minute Teams or phone call with our EYITT admissions team to discuss our EYTS training programme: