Subject knowledge enhancement
Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE)
Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) courses help you gain the subject knowledge and skills you need to be able to teach a chosen subject.
SKE courses are suitable for:
- Qualified teachers looking to refresh your subject knowledge in the subject they already teach.
- Qualified teachers looking to train to teach another subject.
- Trainee teachers that might have been asked to complete an SKE course as part of their conditional offer because:
– your degree wasn’t in your chosen subject area
– you studied your chosen subject at A level, but not to degree level at university
– you have relevant professional experience, but you need guidance on how to teach your knowledge in line with the curriculum
We have courses available in English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. The length of the course can vary from 8 weeks to a full academic year depending on your needs and the time you can dedicate to learning. All our courses are delivered online with a new course starting each week, meaning there are no barriers for you to get started immediately.
Please select a subject to find out more or register below:
Click a subject below to find out more: