Schools Direct (salaried)
School Direct (salaried)
Schools Direct(Salaried) allows schools to employ graduates and help them learn ‘on the job’ and they earn a salary and work towards gaining Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
|STUDY||FULL TIME 12-MONTHS|
|TEACHING QUALIFICATIONS||QUALIFIED TEACHER STATUS (QTS) Optional: PGCE|
|FEES & FUNDING||SALARIED TRAINING / FEES FOR THE SCHOOL (5,800 VAT)|
This route is available for both primary and secondary teaching and is run by individual schools or a group of schools.
- Schools that opt for a School Direct (salaried) training programme to train a graduate employ unqualified teachers while they learn on the job. In many cases, this will be a trainee already working in your school, or someone that has an existing relationship with the school.
- We gain a reference from a previous employer before the trainee starts their (salaried) training programme. If they are self-employed and unable to provide a reference from a former employer, their referee would be someone who knows you from work, who can comment on their work and suitability for teaching.
- Schools can employ trainees who want a part-time placement. Through the School Direct (salaried) route, some schools are offering part-time or abridged programmes. We can discuss these flexible options with you.
- Graduates may still be able to apply for a School Direct (salaried) programme by undertaking a subject knowledge enhancement course if their undergraduate degree is not aligned to what they would like to train to teach. e-Qualitas offer short SKE courses. Click here for more information.
- e-Qualitas also offer an optional integrated PGCE qualification as part of this teacher training route.