Subject knowledge enhancement
Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE)
e-Qualitas has been successful in being included in the DfE Framework Agreement to deliver Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) courses year-round.
We are proud to have achieved the highest provider score in the social value category of the tender to become part of the SKE Framework Agreement. e-Qualitas has achieved ninth place overall in the framework tender scoring system, out-performing very large and well-regarded Universities, and SCITTs.
We can now offer:
- Unlimited Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) places to individuals.
- Schools, DfE funded SKE courses to upskill their Teaching Apprentices.
SKE courses are a great way to retrain teachers in shortage areas like Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. Schools are realising that retraining current teachers and upskilling them in hard to recruit for subject areas are far more productive than trying to recruit quality candidates with these specialisms.
SKE’s also provides a pathway into teaching for graduates who need to gain subject knowledge and skills needed to start an initial teacher training route
They are available to start weekly
SKE courses are suitable for:
Applicants who have:
- a degree that’s related to the subject rather than an exact match for it
- studied the subject at A level, but not degree level
- an unrelated degree but relevant professional knowledge in the subject
- studied for a languages degree, but need a second language at an acceptable level for teaching in schools
- a degree in the subject but have not used their degree knowledge for many years
Applicants who have a degree in their chosen ITT subject awarded in the previous 5 years are not eligible for a funded SKE course.
We have courses available in English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. The length of the course can vary from 8-12 weeks for funded courses and up to a full academic year for our commercial courses, depending on the needs of the individual and the time that they can dedicate to learning. All our courses are delivered online with a new course starting each week, meaning there are no barriers for you to get your qualified and unqualified staff started immediately.
Find out more about each subject below.