International Teacher Training
e-Qualitas provide a variety of teacher training options for international schools and teachers.
e-Qualitas International Training Options
Our ‘Assessment Only’ route to QTS is now fully deliverable online!
If you’re an experienced teacher working in an international school, you may be eligible to gain British QTS through our ‘Assessment Only’ route.
To be eligible for the Assessment Only route to QTS candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade 4 in GCSE English and Mathematics or equivalent overseas
- Those who intend to teach pupils aged 3 to 11 additionally have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade 4 in a GCSE science subject or equivalent overseas
- Hold a first degree granted by a United Kingdom higher education institution or an equivalent overseas qualification
Your teaching experience must:
- Consist of time spent teaching (as opposed to other responsibilities in a school).
- Have taken place in 2 separate schools (not 2 classes within the same school or 2 school sites within the same organisation).
- Demonstrate you’ve taught young people from a range of different backgrounds.
- Demonstrate you’re familiar with different approaches to teaching, learning and school management.
Your teaching experience can have been:
- Gained in any type of school (for example, international schools, schools teaching the International Baccalaureate, and state-maintained schools outside the UK).
- Spent teaching a non-English curriculum (though you may need to show you have knowledge of the subjects taught in the English curriculum).
- Divided between 2 school settings as long as you have 2 years teaching experience in total.
Candidates will be assessed on their suitability to teach and their ability to demonstrate meeting all of the Teachers’ Standards without the need for any further training.
The process includes the assessment of practical teaching in a school (or early years setting) and typically doesn’t last more than 12 weeks (equivalent to one term).
– BSME or COBIS Member: £2395
– Non Members: £2495