The School Direct (Salaried) route allows schools to employ graduates and help them learn ‘in the job’ as they earn a salary and work towards gaining Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Next start date: September 2024
- Programme Length: Full Time, 3x Academic Terms
- Teaching Qualification: QTS
- Salaried Training / Fees for the School: £8,500
- Salary: from £20,598 to £25,831
Schools that opt for a School Direct (salaried) training programme to train a graduate employ unqualified teachers while they learn on the job. In many cases, this will be a trainee already working in your school, or someone that has an existing relationship with the school.
- £8,500, payable by the employer school (VAT payable on fee if non-funded*)
The following salary grant funding is available to schools that enrol trainees on the School Direct Programme:
- £28,000 for Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics trainees
- £25,000 for Geography and Biology
- £10,000 for English
We gain a reference from a previous employer before the trainee starts their (salaried) training programme. If they are self-employed and unable to provide a reference from a former employer, their referee would be someone who knows you from work, who can comment on their work and suitability for teaching.
- The secondary programme focusses on the 11 – 16 or the 14-19 age range and the primary programme takes place across the 3-7 or, 7-11 or 5-11 age ranges.
If a trainee applies for a School Direct (Salaried) training programme, one of their references must be from an employer.
*e-Qualitas’ team of ITT consultants can advise applicants and employer schools regarding fees, accessing apprenticeship levy and available DfE funding. Contact ITTconsultants@e-Qualitas.co.uk for more information.
Training Days and Conferences
A look at some of the Training Day highlights from our Initial Teacher Training Programmes
Meet our Trainees…
Current trainees share their feedback of training days at Hend House…